Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Dr, Rochester, NY 14623
Hussein Alrubaye is a research assistant in the SMILE Lab. He obtained his Ph.D. in Software Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology supervised by Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer. He received his MSc. in Software Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology. His research interests and expertise are in Software Engineering, with a special interest in API Migration and evolution, Empirical Software Engineering, Mining Software Repositories, and Software Ecosystems. In particular, He leverages historical project data and applies Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Statistical Analysis techniques in order to help the developer to have better experiences in API migration. Hussein is working on developing algorithms and automated tools to automate API migration. For more info visit out Migration Lab.
- 2019, April, invited speaker at UP-STAT 2019-Conference entitled “How to use Microsoft Machine Learning Studio in your Research.
- 2019, February, published paper entitled “Use of Information Retrieval to Automate the Detection of Third-Party Java Library Migration At The Function Level” with Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer and Ali Ouni, ICPC.
- 2018, June, published paper entitled “Automating the detection of third-party Java library migration at the function level” with Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer, CASCON.
- 2018, May, Pass Ph.D. RPA on research entitled “Towards the Automation of Migration and Safety of Third-Party Libraries”.
- 2018, March, publish a book chapter entitled “Variability in Library Evolution: An Exploratory Study in Java Libraries” with Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer, SEVIS.
- 2017, August, start Ph.D. at Rochester Institute of Technology under adviser Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer.
- 2017 June, Got Microsoft MVP
- 2017, June, Defence Master thesis entitled “Comparison of visual programming and hybrid programming environments in transferring programming skills” under adviser Stephanie Ludi .
- 2016, December, Start working as Software Engineer at Xerox Corporation.
- 2014, June, Start Master in Software engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology